Updated: October 1, 2020 eScribe provides its clients with a number of public websites and proprietary online software services (the “Product”). This policy provides information on how personal information collected is used.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Refers to any information obtained by eScribe that may be used to identify a specific individual, including but not limited to their name, address, email or telephone number, or other specific information required to support a specific client request. You are not required to provide the personal information that we have requested, but, if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have. Personal information may be received by eScribe directly or indirectly through a partner or third party in a number of ways, including but not limited to:
eScribe does not retain any individual credit card information, posts no individual client information online without prior written approval, and does not sell or rent information to any third parties.
- Information requests submitted via website, email, telephone, ballot, or special offer.
- Information required to support the clients purchase or use of the Product.
- Providing ongoing support of the Product
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on eScribe’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We may use your personal information to initiate, process, obtain updates or complete an order for our Product.
- We also use personal information to activate/register, support or upgrade our Product.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with eScribe, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information to facilitate payments, renewals, and changes to the Product.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve eScribe’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
- If you apply for a position at eScribe or we receive your information in connection with a potential role at eScribe, we may use your information to evaluate your candidacy and to contact you. If you are a candidate, you will receive more information about how eScribe handles candidate personal information at the time of application.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times eScribe may provide personal information maintained for a particular individual directly to the individual upon written request to the contact information listed below. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. eScribe does not sell personal information, and personal information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for eScribe to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Third‑Party Sites and Services
eScribe may share aggregate non-identifying information with internal staff and our partners or service providers for the purpose of improving the Product. The Product or public website may contain links to other non-eScribe sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our clients to be aware when they leave our Product or website and to read the statements and accept the privacy policies of any other website that they may access.
Cookies and Other Technologies
eScribe’s websites, email messages, and advertisements may use “cookies” or other tracking technologies, which may be used to identify a computer or browser, but not to identify specific personal information as outlined in this Policy. These technologies help us better understand user behavior, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches. We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as non‑personal information. In our marketing email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on eScribe’s website. When an individual clicks one of these URLs, we can track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications.
Turning Off Tracking Technologies
If you do not want cookies in your browser, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when a website attempts to place a cookie in your browser. Please note that certain features of the eScribe’s website may not be available once cookies are disabled. If you prefer your email click-through activities to not to be tracked, you should not click on text or graphic links in the email messages.
You may decline to submit specific personal information through the public website or Product, but as a result, eScribe may not be able to provide certain features or full access to the Product.
Changes to this policy will be posted online and supersede previous versions. We will take reasonable steps to draw your attention to any material changes, however, we suggest that you read this document from time-to-time to ensure that it still meets with your approval.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us at the address listed below. eScribe Software Ltd. 204-60 Centurian Drive Markham, ON L3R 9R2 Attention: Legal Department [email protected]